[Hidden-tech] moto droid phone, something similar on at&T?

Roger Williams roger at qux.com
Thu Nov 5 10:38:47 EST 2009

  > a friend of mine gave me the itch for a moto-droid.... is there something
  > similar (android, with the large screen and physical keyboard) on at&t

I don't expect to see an Android phone from AT&T until mid-2010.  Dell is
working on an Android smartphone, with AT&T as the first partner and
distribution channel. but both companies were late in getting interested in
Android (smartphones are a new market for Dell, and AT&T has been relying on
the iPhone).

Until then, your local choices for Android are T-Mobile and (soon) Verizon
(who is expected to introduce a second Android phone, from HTC, before the end
of the year).

--
Roger Williams <roger at qux.com>
Chief Technical Officer, Qux Corporation