[Hidden-tech] Look for Bloggers in all the right places

Stephen Brand sbrand at enterprisefactory.com
Fri May 29 16:42:19 EDT 2009

Looking for Bloggers to follow blog about famous folks and volunteer to join the
Springfield Public Forum Blogger Team

http://www.springfieldpublicforum.org/

Dear bloggers, tweeters, facebookers, linkediners and those who reach out to others through social media:

Public discourse and exchange of ideas is the focus of blogging and other social media; the Springfield Public Forum seeks to promote the same values of sharing information, opinions and education, free to all in our region.  We are seeking to develop a volunteer "blog team" to assist with our outreach efforts, and thought that your blogging and other social media efforts would be a great match.

Celebrating our 74th year in 2009, the Public Forum is a free public lecture series that seeks to bring "great speakers, great discourse" to our community, on topics of importance to our region, nation and world.  Each fall we bring a number of renowned experts from a variety of fields to Springfield Symphony Hall, for student discussion groups, public lectures and discussions. In addition, the Public Forum offers additional community programming focused on our speakers' topics, such as book discussion groups, film screenings, cultural and educational activities.

Our 2009 lecture season includes Harlem Children's Zone President and CEO Geoffrey Canada speaking on urban education and poverty amelioration, and scholar Dr. Mira Kamdar discussing the rise of India and U.S/India relations.  We are on the verge of confirming two even more impressive speakers that will fill out our program year.

We will be hosting a meeting within the next few weeks for those interested in learning more about joining the blogger-social media team.

Among the ideas we have for the partnership that we envision are: a profile and a link to your blog on the Public Forum website, an overview of our "blog team" in the program booklet distributed at all lectures, and the opportunity to"guest blog" on our website.  We seek a collaborative partnership, and thus are open to all ideas! We are hoping that our team will follow our speakers for at least a month before the event to tell our potential attendees who these folks are, what they think about and what they do in their public efforts.

For more information about the Public Forum, please visit www.springfieldpublicforum.org<http://www.springfieldpublicforum.org/>.

If you are interested in attending this first meeting to brainstorm and share ideas, please rsvp to Stephen Brand at sbrand at enterprisefactory.com<mailto:sbrand at enterprisefactory.com> or call 330-864-1518.

Stephen Brand
Springfield Public Forum Board Member

President and Chief Imagination Officer
The New Enterprise Factory, Inc.
243 Soule Road
Wilbraham, MA 01095

330-864-1518
sbrand at enterprisefactory.com
Please note, with current technology, one cannot assume that emails sent are received. Please acknowledge receipt of my email.  Thanks. . .