[Hidden-tech] Tuesday June 2 - Building Business Applications with Silverlight by David Yack

info at wmassdotnet.org info at wmassdotnet.org
Tue May 26 16:10:21 EDT 2009

  The  Western Mass .NET Users Group  is hosting its next monthly meeting on  Tuesday  , June 2nd at 6:00 PM  at the  MassMutual Learning Center in Chicopee, MA . Free pizza, drinks and dessert will be provided compliments of MassMutual. Attendance is always  free  and open to anyone interested in learning about Microsoft .NET technologies. Directions are below.

  Presentation Abstract:
In this session David Yack is going to explore how Silverlight can be used to build line of business (LOB) applications. Starting with Silverlight 2, David will look at how common business application scenarios can be implemented today.    David also be covering some of the new features of Silverlight 3 and .NET RIA Services.

  About the Presenter:
 David Yack is the CTO of Colorado Technology Consultants, a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner based in Colorado. He is a Microsoft Regional Director and a Microsoft MVP for Silverlight.  As a senior hands’ on technology and business consultant with over 20 years of industry experience, David enjoys developing applications on the Microsoft platforms, specializing in large system architecture and design.

David embraced  Silverlight early on when it used to be called WPF/E.  As part of a group of Silverlight insiders David regularly provides product feedback to the Microsoft Silverlight development team.  David  has been helping clients migrate and build new applications on the Silverlight, as well as helping to mentor and train their staffs.

David is a member of the INETA Speaker Bureau and is a frequent speaker at user group and industry events.   David has been on the author team of two other .NET related books and recently completed the book CRM as a Rapid Development Platform (TheCRMBook.com).  He lives in Colorado Springs with his wife and two children. You can always track David down via his blog at  http://blog.davidyack.com  where he writes about his .NET /Silverlight adventures and  http://crm.davidyack.com  which is devoted to Microsoft Dynamics CRM.

David is currently working on a new book Building Silverlight RIAs focusing on building business applications with Silverlight.  You can find more details about the book  at  http://www.slria.com

  Sponsors

 Infragistics  is the world leader in Presentation Layer Technology. We are committed to providing our customers the highest quality of reusable presentation layer development tools for Windows Forms, ASP.NET, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Tablet PC, and Java environments. Our products and services empower our customers' software development teams to realize the potential of the presentation layer by accelerating their development cycles and improving usability for end users.

 JetBrains  has a passion for making developers more productive. We make development tools more intelligent, development processes more efficient, and development cycles shorter -- to simplify your challenging tasks, automate the easy ones, and help you /Develop with Pleasure/. Our innovative .NET products include:  ReSharper ,  TeamCity  and  dotTrace .

 Wrox Press , established in 1992 to publish books for computer programmers, is driven by the Programmer to Programmer philosophy. Wrox books are written by programmers for programmers, and the Wrox brand means authoritative solutions to real-world programming problems. Wrox's unique author-editorial process delivers the best and most useful information you need in the timeliest manner.
  Meeting Details

Tuesday, June 2nd at 6:00 PM

MassMutual Learning & Conference Center

350 Memorial Drive

Chicopee, MA 01020

Telephone: (413) 598-9898
  From the West

Take I-90 East (Massachusetts Turnpike) to Exit 5 (Chicopee). Bear Right after toll booth, and then Right again onto Rte. 33. The MassMutual Learning & Conference Center is one half mile on the Right.
  From the East

Take I-90 West (Massachusetts Turnpike) to Exit 5 (Chicopee). Bear Right after toll booth, and then Right again onto Rte. 33. The MassMutual Learning & Conference Center is one half mile on the Right.
  From the South

Take I-91 North

to Rte. 291 East in Springfield. Follow Rte. 291 East to Exit 6 Ludlow/Chicopee Falls). Follow exit ramp to first Stop sign. Take a Right onto Fuller Road. Continue on Fuller Road to third traffic light. Take a Left at light onto Memorial Drive (Rte. 33). Take a Right into MassMutual Learning & Conference Center entrance.
  From the North

Take I-91 South to Exit 14 to I-90 (Massachusetts Turnpike). Take I-90 East to Exit 5 (Chicopee). Bear Right after toll booth, and then Right again onto Rte. 33. The MassMutual Learning & Conference Center is one half mile on the Right.
 If you have questions, please direct them to:

 Dan Caron

 User Group Leader, Western Mass .NET Users Group