[Hidden-tech] Proof That Publicity is Underused

Marcia Yudkin yudkinyudkin at yahoo.com
Sat May 23 10:36:13 EDT 2009

Dear Hidden Techers,

Imagine that you were given the exact same product to market along with dozens of other people, many of them highly experienced marketers.  Most of you would assume you wouldn't have a chance in hell of getting more attention than the others, and you might even give up before starting, for that reason.

I was one of 73 marketers interviewed for Rob Toth's Future of Information Marketing audio series.  Each of the marketers interviewed has rights to sell the product.  As is usual for such projects, Rob provided all the participants with sales copy and other tools for selling the product.

It appears that I'm the only one who issued a press release for the product.  If you look up "Future of Information Marketing" in Google News today, my release is the only one for the product.

Even more surprising, if you look up simply "information marketing" in Google News today, there is hardly any other publicity on the topic of information marketing showing up.

The News section of Google is where many reporters go to find recent material on various topics.  Showing up there puts one in the running for media coverage as well as direct traffic from potential customers.

Google News tends to keep entries alive for about a month.  Now imagine how many marketers are selling material about information marketing.  This search result shows that the overwhelming majority of them are not using publicity as a marketing tool.  Amazing!

Tell your clients (and act on this for your own benefit, too) that sending press releases is an easy, inexpensive way to get the jump on the competition.

Marcia Yudkin
Information Marketer and Publicity Mentor
http://www.yudkin.com/publicityideas.htm