[Hidden-tech] Free conference calling service

Stefan Gonick stefan at DatabaseWebWorks.com
Tue Mar 31 00:56:06 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

I need a new free conference calling service for my teleclasses. I was
using Talkshoe.com and was thrilled with it. Lately, however, the control
panel for the calls has become unresponsive and nearly unusable. I
suspect that this is due to their servers being bogged down.

So, I am looking for a new service that has similar features to Talkshoe:

1. Free conference lines with up to 100 callers.
2. Free recordings of the calls.
3. Control panel for controlling the calls (mute and unmute callers and so on).
4. The ability to have a different bridge code for each teleclass. Talkshoe
     allowed you to group a series of calls together under one bridge code, but
     I would be content if I could even have a different bridge code per call.

There seem to be a lot of free services that only give you one phone number
and bridge code for your account. This doesn't work for me since I charge
for my teleclasses, and it wouldn't make sense to have the same bridge number
for different teleclasses. Otherwise, a person would pay once and be able to
listen to all calls.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good, reliable service?

Thanks,
Stefan

P.S. I would even be willing to pay if the cost is low.

Database WebWorks: Dynamic web sites through database integration
http://www.DatabaseWebWorks.com