[Hidden-tech] Fwd: Helping an institution that is helping us!

Amy Zuckerman az at a-zinternational.com
Thu Mar 12 22:15:23 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I don't usually put out appeals, but I am doing this now because one of our
prized local institutions really needs our help in many ways. And this is
one that is about to help all of us in a big way.

The Amherst Cinema Arts Center/Pleasant Street Theater is in need of
volunteer assistance.

I am seeking volunteer techies -- especially those strong in e-commerce
tech, marketing, backend data and Web design - to find me. I'm going to keep
a list to provide the cinema center to draw on whenever they are ready to
upgrade the Website. They are a bit overwhelmed now, but I expect that you
will be called upon down the line. And I'm sure you will receive ample
credit for your work.

Why should you care?

Sure, the cinema center is located in Amherst and Pleasant Street is in
Noho, but people come from all over the region to attend the sorts of films
and events that aren't available in commercial theaters.

Then, there's Valleywood II, which will benefit any number of you if you
attend this rare program. 5 - 8 p.m., Amherst Cinema, 28 Amity Street.  Set
for May 12, Valleywood II will allow  many of you will have the chance to
network with some of the most illustrious children's authors, illustrators
and our own animators -- Pileated Pictures, Paul Hake Productions and
Anzovin studios. This is the latest in the Valleywood II series -- Kid's
Stuff for the Kid's Market. I'm certain there will be publicists, agents and
others in attendance, not to mention our own Hollywood producer, director
and agent, Larry Jackson.

The kids market is one of the few that is booming in this horrible recession
and it stretches to TV, film, video games, board games, toys, etc ... The
industry needs Web designers, PR/marketing/sales people, software
developers, lawyers, accountants and even therapists . .. We artsy people
are nothing if not neurotic (think Woody Allen). Valleywood is being
produced by A - Z International Associates, Hidden-Tech and Amherst Cinema.
All proceeds will be split between the two institutions.

I could go on and on, but I need to get back to work and actually make a
living (not my strong suit). I am hoping all of you can find it in your
heart and budget to make a donation of our time or even income, that would
be great.

Please reach ME directly if you want to be on this list.
az at a-zinternational.com. And if you want to dig into your pockets, then the
address is:

28 Amity St
Amherst, MA 01002

AND SAVE MARCH 28 -- 10 to 2 p.m. -- on your calendar. We have a Hidden-Tech
book party coming. Amherst Books, Main Street (across from town hall). When
I get a cluster of Hidden-Techies there, I will stop action and have all of
you take a bow. 2030: A Day in the Life of Tomorrow's Kids (Dutton/Penguin
Young Readers) would not exist without your help! Pub date is 3/19. RELIEF!

best,

Amy Zuckerman
Hidden-Tech Founder