[Hidden-tech] Personal Information law training

Chris Hoogendyk hoogendyk at bio.umass.edu
Mon Mar 9 12:09:12 EDT 2009

David Korpiewski wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>   I have been asked to provide the computer security training for the
> employees of one of the companies that I consult for.  This training
> is supposed to be compliant with that personal information security
> law that I mentioned a week ago.  Has anyone done this yet?   Does
> anyone have slides I could have a copy of or some links that would
> help me prepare my presentation?

Chris Misra at OIT has been in the lead for UMass Amherst. He has given
a number of sessions, though it is somewhat attuned to our own situation
as a State University. Some were University wide. There were some for
the NSM Sysadmins. I'm sure there were others I was unaware of. They
were at one time posted on the web, but I couldn't find them in a quick
search just now. You could email him directly and ask.

I did find http://www.oit.umass.edu/security/compliance/index.html,
which appears to cover the relevant topics and policies. There are other
links on the left for other security related topics.

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator