[Hidden-tech] request feedback on forum made with Vanilla Forums

Jonathon Podolsky producer at wholehealthexpo.com
Mon Mar 2 23:58:35 EST 2009

Hi HT,

A couple months ago I posted requesting thoughts on which forum application
to use.  I'm very appreciative for the comments.  I want to report back and
request feedback on the forum.

People provided a lot of interesting suggestions such as PunBB, vbulletin,
phpBB, Vanilla etc.  I ended up going with Vanilla but adding in several
Add-ons/Extensions.  And then had it integrated with the rest of my
website.  I had the same web designer do that as well us update my CMS (CMS
Made Simple <http://www.cmsmadesimple.org/>).  It was pretty easy to set up
the forum, although adding in the extra modules and making the forum fit in
visually with the rest of my website took time.

So far I'm happy, it's fast and simple to use, as well as administer.  The
flip side is that it doesn't have a lot of features -- some can be added in
with Extensions, and some features just aren't available.  Please let me
know your feedback:

http://wholehealthexpo.com/forum/categories.php

Thank you!

All the best,

Jonathon Podolsky
Producer at WholeHealthExpo.com
Voice: 413.584.0010
Toll-Free: 877.WHE.EXPO
Join us for the 25th Annual Northampton Whole Health Expo March 7-8, 2009!