[Hidden-tech] transfering and hearing voice files

Robin MacRostie rmacr at choreographicdesign.com
Thu Jul 30 17:09:25 EDT 2009

  I want to work with someone on a memoir.

I have an Olympus digital voice recorder and a Mac.

The recorder  makes .wma files which are supposed to be smaller at the
same quality as .aiff.  .wma  can be converted to .aiff .   I don't
know if I have successfully done that or not.   they don't show in the
DSS Player window as .aiff.

I have tried to unsuccessful in creating a profile to  transcribe the
files  with MacSpeech.

I'm considering burning some files to a disk, or emailing them to
someone to transcribe.  With a PC or a Mac what kind of a file would
they  need?    How would they play it?

thanks
Robin
=