[Hidden-tech] Western Mass .NET Users Group - Rebranding

info at wmassdotnet.org info at wmassdotnet.org
Fri Jul 17 11:40:44 EDT 2009

            We have an exciting announcement regarding the the  Western Mass .NET Users Group .  Historically, we have focused primarily on Microsoft .NET  Software Developers .  Over the past year we have seen an increasing need to broaden our focus beyond developers and into the IT Pro world.  To embrace this emerging need, we are going to rename and rebrand the Western Mass .NET Users Group to broaden the technologies that we support, and also to attract more users to our group.

            The new name for this group is the  Western Mass Microsoft Technology Users Group .  Our new URL is  http://mstech.org .  As part of this rebranding, I have built a new website (using DotNetNuke) which is a major improvement over the last site.   You  do not  need to re-register on the new website - your existing credentials will work and you will continue to receive meeting updates via email as you have in the past.

            How will this benefit you?  You will have more opportunities to learn about more Microsoft technologies.  We will be adding more presentations to the calendar (have no fear, we are  not  replacing Developer events with IT Pro events...instead, we are adding IT Pro events!).  You will also have more opportunities to meet interesting people with more diversity in their technology interests.
             As part of this announcement, I would like to welcome  Craig Pilkenton  as a co-leader of this group.  Craig will lead the IT Pro side of the group, and  Dan Caron  will continue to lead the Developer side of the group.  We expect the Developer meetings to be held on the same schedule (1st Tuesday of each month) and the IT Pro meetings will be held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month.

            For the IT Pro meetings, the topics you can expect to find are: Sharepoint, PowerShell, SQL Server, Windows Server, and more.

            For the Developer meetings, the topics you can expect to find are: .NET, Silverlight, ASP.NET, AJAX, WPF, WCF, DotNetNuke and more.

            Please join me in welcoming Craig to a leadership position in this group.  If you have any questions or if you would like to volunteer as a speaker at an upcoming event, please contact us at  info at mstech.org .
             Cheers,

            Dan Caron

             Leader, Western Mass Microsoft Technology Users Group

             http://mstech.org