[Hidden-tech] Good shopping cart/affiliate package?

Stefan Gonick stefan at DatabaseWebWorks.com
Wed Jul 15 14:47:30 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

I've been searching for a good system to handle selling products and
good affiliate software.
Ideally, the system would also including full email list services as
an all-in-one package.

The one that I have been looking at in depth is 1shoppingcart.com,
which costs $99/month.
On the surface they do it all. They provide a shopping cart,
affiliate software, and email list
management. However, when you look at the details, you discover that
each of the 3 modules
are weak, though the affiliate module is pretty good. The email
module is quite weak.

Here are some of the limitations in 1shoppingcart that are important to me:

1. There is no way for a customer to cancel monthly billing without
contacting me.
This is bad for doing monthly membership sites. I need a system where
the customer
can cancel their monthly payments, and the software send information
to an URL that
I specify in order to notify the membership site software.

2. There are no 1-click up-sells/cross-sells. This is where someone
makes a purchase,
and you are able to offer them another product that can be added to
their existing order
without having to checkout again. This is a very important
feature.  1shoppingcart plans
to add this capability "soon", but there is no telling when that will happen.

There are some other limitations that I need, but I'm forgetting what
they are at the moment.

Is there anything really good out there? What are people's
recommendations/experiences?

Does anyone have any experience with Quick Pay Pro?  Their specs are
better, but I
can't find any current reviews. I can only find a couple of very old
ones that were negative.

Thanks!
Stefan

Database WebWorks: Dynamic web sites through database integration
http://www.DatabaseWebWorks.com