[Hidden-tech] Printing a PDF with filling forms

Will Loving will at dedicationtechnologies.com
Mon Jul 6 13:08:17 EDT 2009

When creating forms that will be used cross-platform, make sure to use fonts
that can be counted on to be on nearly all machines, Mac or Win. The most
commonly used are Arial (10 or 11 point generally works well) and Verdana,
the most widely used font on the web, 9 or 10 point. If you need a fairly
condensed font, I've also had good luck with Tahoma.

I generally avoid Times (regular or New Roman) and especially the old
default Mac font Helvetica. Helvetica is not on most Windows machines and
almost always gets replaced with Arial at a much larger size. Of course, in
comparing Windows and Mac, the same font in the same size will generally
appear larger on Windows, so keep that in mind as you design.

Will

--

William M. Loving
Dedication Technologies, Inc.