[Hidden-tech] Western Mass .NET Users Group - Presentation - July 7th @ 6pm - Windows SharePoint Services 101 by Craig Pilkenton

Caron, Daniel DCaron at MassMutual.com
Wed Jul 1 14:21:37 EDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "" <info at wmassdotnet.org>
Sent: Fri, June 19, 2009 9:20
Subject: Presentation - July 7th @ 6pm - Windows SharePoint Services 101
by Craig Pilkenton

Windows SharePoint Services 101 by Craig Pilkenton

The Western Mass .NET Users Group is hosting a monthly meeting on
Tuesday, July 7th at 6:00 PM at the MassMutual Learning Center in
Chicopee, MA. Free pizza and drinks will be provided compliments of
MassMutual. Attendance is always free and open to anyone interested in
learning about Microsoft .NET technologies. Directions are below.

Presentation Abstract:

Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (WSS), the 'V8-Hemi' engine for
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, allows any organization to
quickly setup a collaboration platform for their users with no cost for
WSS; just the use of an available Windows Server 2003 with a SQL 2005
database. WSS helps teams stay connected and productive by providing
easy access to the people, documents, and information they need to make
more informed decisions and get the job done.

In this high-level presentation we'll walk through the framework of a
WSS setup including security, the point-and-click interface for managing
and building out sites for your users, along with how your users can
learn to collaborate and share information that is readily available to
all but security-trimmed as well. As time allows we'll talk about the
potholes and pitfalls of running WSS/SharePoint installations and how to
continually build the 'collaboration experience'.

Find out more about Windows SharePoint Services here:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointtechnology/FX100503841033.as
px

About the Presenter:

Craig Pilkenton is a SharePoint engineer leading MassMutual's
collaboration and social networking efforts, and has been living in both
the developer and IT Pro worlds for the last 13 years. During this time
he has built many different business applications in C#, ASP.NET, TSQL,
and Windows Powershell, along with supporting many Microsoft platforms
such as SQL Server 2000/2005 with Reporting Services, Windows Servers,
and most recently Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 installations.
Craig is also an MCTP for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and Microsoft
Office SharePoint Server 2007.

Sponsors
 <http://www.infragistics.com/>
Infragistics <http://www.infragistics.com/>  is the world leader in
Presentation Layer Technology. We are committed to providing our
customers the highest quality of reusable presentation layer development
tools for Windows Forms, ASP.NET, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF),
Tablet PC, and Java environments. Our products and services empower our
customers' software development teams to realize the potential of the
presentation layer by accelerating their development cycles and
improving usability for end users.

 <http://www.jetbrains.com/>
JetBrains <http://www.jetbrains.com/>  has a passion for making
developers more productive. We make development tools more intelligent,
development processes more efficient, and development cycles shorter --
to simplify your challenging tasks, automate the easy ones, and help you
/Develop with Pleasure/. Our innovative .NET products include: ReSharper
<http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/> , TeamCity
<http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity>  and dotTrace
<http://www.jetbrains.com/profiler/> .

 <http://www.wrox.com/>
Wrox Press <http://www.wrox.com/> , established in 1992 to publish books
for computer programmers, is driven by the Programmer to Programmer
philosophy. Wrox books are written by programmers for programmers, and
the Wrox brand means authoritative solutions to real-world programming
problems. Wrox's unique author-editorial process delivers the best and
most useful information you need in the timeliest manner.

Meeting Details
Tuesday, July 7th at 6:00 PM
MassMutual Learning & Conference Center
350 Memorial Drive
Chicopee, MA 01020
Telephone: (413) 598-9898

From the West
Take I-90 East (Massachusetts Turnpike) to Exit 5 (Chicopee). Bear Right
after toll booth, and then Right again onto Rte. 33. The MassMutual
Learning & Conference Center is one half mile on the Right.

From the East
Take I-90 West (Massachusetts Turnpike) to Exit 5 (Chicopee). Bear Right
after toll booth, and then Right again onto Rte. 33. The MassMutual
Learning & Conference Center is one half mile on the Right.

From the South
Take I-91 North
to Rte. 291 East in Springfield. Follow Rte. 291 East to Exit 6
Ludlow/Chicopee Falls). Follow exit ramp to first Stop sign. Take a
Right onto Fuller Road. Continue on Fuller Road to third traffic light.
Take a Left at light onto Memorial Drive (Rte. 33). Take a Right into
MassMutual Learning & Conference Center entrance.

From the North
Take I-91 South to Exit 14 to I-90 (Massachusetts Turnpike). Take I-90
East to Exit 5 (Chicopee). Bear Right after toll booth, and then Right
again onto Rte. 33. The MassMutual Learning & Conference Center is one
half mile on the Right.

If you have questions, please direct them to:
Dan Caron
<mailto:info at wmassdotnet.org> User Group Leader, Western Mass .NET Users
Group

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is
proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is
intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is
addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by
any person other than the intended recipient or the
intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient or their designee,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
delete all copies.