[Hidden-tech] cloud and data security

andrew bellak andrew at stakeholderscapital.com
Sat Jan 31 19:00:41 EST 2009

Dear HT,

We are analyzing whether or not to make our own cloud, that is a server we
own and control, or pay a third party to give us server space.

In case we went with a third party owned and operated cloud, who might you
recommend? Google, Amazon S3, EMC?

For example, our current online data back-up is Jungle Disk which uses the
Amazon S3 'backbone' (right language?).

So another way we could work is, we use these services and use a local
person or persons for support, service, maintenance.
Is there one firm who's excellent at both our cloud server AND data
storage/back-up?

We'd likely need our data to be encrypted and we plan to use PGP on all our
hardware and e-mail communication.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Bellak
CEO
Stakeholders Capital
'common good investing, uncommonly smart'
888-785-4537 x.2