[Hidden-tech] New Massachusetts Encryption Law

RA Cohen roy at net-vantage.com
Sat Feb 28 13:19:17 EST 2009

Sorry, I couldn't resist one more in the Bacula vs Amanda religious war:

http://www.linux.com/feature/132562

Make sure to click the link to the complete story on the above page.

Basically, bacula is probably more difficult to configure and get going
vs amanda, but once you get the hang of it you can back up anything
anywhere with great great reliability (provided your backup device is
reliable). I've had excellent results using bacula plus DLT - SDLT tapes
and drives (not your el-cheapo stuff I admit but...) and it has never
let me down as have other commercial products such as BackupExec. If
bacula will not write a tape it is for a reason and you are forced to
deal with the problem - so you never get a tape you think has your
valuable data on it until you learn it in fact does not - a situation
you don't want to be in, believe me...

Seriously, both are good products it all depends on what you need out of
them. And everyone has their prejudices so reviews and even the
recommendations coming from this list are certainly not unbiased...but
that's what makes the world go round, right?

-Roy

--
Roy A Cohen
Network Advantage LLC