[Hidden-tech] Direct deposit for entrepreneurs

Marcia Yudkin yudkinyudkin at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 07:32:19 EST 2009

I see that the idea of offering higher interest rates for people who have direct deposit of their paychecks (or Social Security checks) is spreading locally.

Not having a paycheck, I feel left out of this trend.  And annoyed when I do business at the teller window and the teller tells me I really should be in the higher interest program.

I am wondering if there is some kind of substitute that we business owners can set up that qualifies, where the banks are concerned.  For instance, does an electronic transfer of funds from another account quality as a direct deposit?  Or does it have to be a paycheck or government check?  Has anyone walked tried to negotiate an equivalent arrangement without a paycheck or Social Security check at one of these banks?

Thanks for any hints.

Marcia Yudkin
Goshen