[Hidden-tech] Mind Mapping Software

Rich rich at on-the-net.com
Fri Feb 20 10:16:44 EST 2009

I am looking for suggestions on creating more complex 'active' maps.

I like how most mind mapping software provides the ability to draw maps
that drill down and expand
as you explore the map.

I have been experimenting using Mind Mapping software for more complex
maps,
specifically for bi-directional maps -- for example,
    when looking from one node forward, it feeds other processes, all do
this.

What I need is:
    when look at any of those processes backward, they can be feed from
more than one node.

    This can all be done with a regular drawing tool like Visio or open
office draw
    which loses all the dynamic drill down functions of a mind mapping
software

One more requirement,  the node structure really needs to be stored in a
database,
which can be loaded from an online system and the mind map needs
to be displayable on a web site.

Some of the tools I looked at store the map as XML.  That is less desirable
although it will work since we can dump the database in the proper XML
format.

I am not necessarily looking for free tools, free is nice, commercial is
ok, mega bucks is out the question

Any suggestions ?
Rich

--
Rich Roth
CEO On-the-net

Bringing you complex online systems since the net was young
http://www.tnrglobal.com - http://www.on-the-net.com/rr/