[Hidden-tech] Motion-detectors, camera suggestions, safety

Andy Klapper andytk at charter.net
Wed Dec 30 11:07:32 EST 2009

Great topic!

I think what you want is a video surveillance system.  This involves a
number of cameras and a PC that records the video from the camera, like a
DVR.  The software in the PC can be setup to only record when it detects
motion.

I looked into this a few years ago and there was at least one open source
project for the software that records the video from the cameras.

I'd love to hear from somebody that's actually set up a system like this and
what they recommend.

Andy.