[Hidden-tech] help populating mailing label template from spreadsheet(?) with names & addresses using OpenOffice

andrew bellak andrew at stakeholderscapital.com
Thu Dec 17 14:25:00 EST 2009

Thanks to all who wrote me with suggestions.  I have not gotten this set up
to work perfectly yet but am very close and have discovered some resources I
wanted share.

The set up again is a Macbook using OpenOffice to do a mail merge onto an
Avery label template.

Free Software Magazine has a guide that can be downloaded here:

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/mail_merge_openoffice_org

This method does not pull <address 1> data for me for some reason but does
pull & place correctly 1st name - last name - cit, state & zip!

The author, Michael Crider, refers to another person, Solveig Haugland and
her blog/resource is very useful for OpenOffice:

http://openoffice.blogs.com/openoffice/

Almost there!

Happy holidays!

Andrew

--
Andrew Bellak
CEO

andrew at StakeHoldersCapital.com
www.StakeHoldersCapital.com
(o) 888-STK-HLDR (785-4537) x.2
(o) 413-306-3244
(f) 888-735-HLDR
(m) 646-552-5783

-common good investing, uncommonly smart
-risk management with options

designated recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient
of this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. This
communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as
an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial
product, an official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official
statement of StakeHolders Capital. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed
to be secure or error-free. Therefore, we do not represent that this
information is complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as
such. All information is subject to change without notice. This e-mail may
be considered advertising under federal law. If you do not want to receive
similar commercial electronic mail messages in the future from StakeHolders
Capital, you may change your e-mail preferences at any time by contacting
our office.