[Hidden-tech] cell phone repeater/amplifier needed

ussailis at shaysnet.com ussailis at shaysnet.com
Thu Aug 20 18:58:09 EDT 2009

I forgot to mention antenna location.

Yes, you will not see much difference in an attic, if you have a standard
asphalt shingle roof. Outside might give you some more height, and might be
a greater attractor for Thor's bolts.

On the other hand, metal roofing is becomming popular now. You don't want
to be under it. If you own you know, if you rent you will need to check.

If you do put the antenna/ amplifier outside, lightning arrestors, ground
rods, and so forth are absolutly necessary in our area. Don't be without
them. The home you save may be your own.

About 20 years ago Bell Labs did a study on penetration of various walls.
Wood frame without foil backed insulation hasn't much loss. Concrete block
will loose 3/4 of the signal. Although this sounds terrible, it is only
mildly bad. Solid concrete is worst.

Finally, in the modern office building the sheet rock on the walls is often
foil backed. Signal penetration thru this wall is horrid.

Jim Ussailis