[Hidden-tech] MacFYI

Robin MacRostie rmacr at choreographicdesign.com
Thu Aug 13 09:48:20 EDT 2009

Thanks  Frank

I should have asked my housemate who is in computer science how to
setup a fax copier printer on the Mac.  We are so private around here
that I didn't  even know she had a Mac.

All you do is connect the printer.   I stole my scanner firewire cable
and plugged it directly in the computer. [ HPs will not print unless
the hub is powered] The printer just showed up in the print dialogue.

NOTE: What could have been a red herring was the instruction from the
HP setup assistant to find the "printer setup in the utilities folder
of  the applications folder".  There is no such thing in a Mac  OS
10.5.8.

RHH - Reading help helps too.

Robin
=
The only  thing  necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to
do  nothing.
					-Edmund Burke
Robin MacRostie
Choreo  G R A P H I C  Design