[Hidden-tech] combining Google docs-groups-calendar

Sheldon Snodgrass sheldon at steadysales.com
Mon Aug 3 06:42:04 EDT 2009

Happy Summer HT'ers

I plan to use Google docs/groups/calendar to support my role as the
volunteer coordinator of the Jewish teen group at temple Beit Ahavah.  I
made a good start at creating a calendar, a group, and a doc (for a survey),
but have questions about the easiest way to integrate all three for ease of
participant use  (and mine).

For example:

1.       Can I send an invitation for say, the calendar that simultaneously
grants acceptance to a group.  Can or should I do the converse, that is,
invite participants to a group that automatically gives them access to the
calendar?  Or must I send two different invitations for each app.

2.       I know one can send/use a Google doc apart from groups or calendar,
but is there a way to integrate a survey, in this case, with my group's home
page.

In short, I'd like to be able to efficiently give about 20 or so teens and
parents a way to, participate and coordinate logistics for a series of
events throughout the year, and keep a healthy communication buzz going.  My
self-teaching, however, is anything but efficient.

I'd appreciate a call to 413-244-2294 or an e-mail, if you can offer a quick
tip or three.  Thanks.

J. Sheldon Snodgrass, MBA

www.steadysales.com

413-244-2294