[Hidden-tech] Upcoming Web 2.0 Seminar

Silvana Gravini silvana at silvana.net
Fri Apr 24 12:31:26 EDT 2009

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to let you know of an upcoming Web 2.0 Seminar including
illustrious Hidden-Techer's on the panel!

Web 2.0 Seminar Description:
Since the term "Web 2.0" was first coined—generally meant to convey
the broad set of web technologies such as social networks, user-
generated content portals, and "mash-ups" or web application hybrids—
the web has matured beyond our expectations. We’re now beginning to
see the broad adoption of platform technologies including Facebook,
Twitter, iPhone and Google (Android) phone app systems, Google app
platform, and multiple "widget" platforms.

For businesses, this shift in the technology space begs important
questions about our audience, our markets, and our concept of
branding. The panel will discuss the implications of the maturing
technology space for businesses and will explore how these changes may
impact the way we do  business, market our products and services, and
define our brands. As a prime case study, we will look at the award-
winning marketing campaign of President Barack Obama which used
multiple technology platforms to huge strategic advantage. Businesses
need to stay aware of these trends always, as such mediums continue to
affect transactions both in communication and commerce.

Thursday • May 7 • 9 - 11 a.m. • Scibelli Enterprise Center • 1
Federal St. • Springfield • Panelists: Chris Amato, Knectar Design;
John Bidwell, Bidwell ID; Silvana Gravini, Silvana Net; & Jeff Hobbs,
MassLive • Cosponsored by the Regional Technology Corporation

Registration fee is $40.  To register please call 413.737.6712 x100.

Silvana Gravini
(413) 585.0985