[Hidden-tech] Looking for Web Hosting andE-Commerce Recommendations

J. Cohen ht at westernmasswebdesign.com
Tue Sep 16 14:19:53 EDT 2008

Peter Pelland wrote:
> See my blog post at http://blog.pelland.com/?p=6
>
> You get what you pay for. Watch out for GoDaddy, 1&1, and any other
> company that sounds too good to be true.

I agree about 1and1.com too.  They will also block your IPs if you try
to edit more than one file over FTP at the same time.

Also, 1and1 "tech support" is located in the Philippines and "has no way
to call the server admins" to find out what's wrong with the server,
even if your server goes down for several days at a time (which happened
to me before).