[Hidden-tech] Mac or PC?

Lynne Rudié lynnerudie at verizon.net
Thu Oct 30 11:04:00 EDT 2008

I'll chime in too. My understanding (and experience) is that the
programs we use as designers are really meant to be run on a Mac. Macs
do a really good job at keeping all of our large and complicated
programs running at the same time --they will run on a PC, but where
they are seamless and elegant on a Mac they are klunky on a PC. Macs
are also better at keeping lots of large files open at once.

I think over time this is going to be less and less true but for now I
think the extra money for a mac is well worth it. (Also--check out
refurbished computers on the Apple Website. And find educational
versions of software you have to buy...)

Others may have had other experiences with Leopard but I recommend it
very highly, for Time Machine, if nothing else.
	Lynne