[Hidden-tech] Video recording/ editing software?

rdmurray at bitdance.com rdmurray at bitdance.com
Mon Oct 20 10:50:45 EDT 2008

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 at 11:18, DAVID F. FARKAS wrote:
> I'm just putting a pinky toe into digitial video... starting with an
> upgraded web cam (with nifty built in LED lights.)
>
> I'm realizing that what I need is the video version of Audacity... a
> freeware app that would let me record, then edit video input from the web cam.
>
> Does it exist? Please point me in the right direction.

Hi, David.  I finally signed on to this mailing list this weekend :)

If you were using Linux I'd recommend Kino, which I have used briefly
and seems to have the right toolset.  It doesn't look like there is a
windows version, though.

If no one else has specific suggestions for a windows package, you might
start here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_open_source_software_packages#Video_editing

which I think is where I found kino when I was looking for video editing
software last year.  Hopefully one of the others on that list will have
a Windows version, and be just as good or better.

--David