[Hidden-tech] Drum Roll Please.... As another spammer walks to thefinancial guillotine

Scott Reed sreed at avacoda.com
Sun Oct 12 21:57:02 EDT 2008

Some spam is just sent to see if the email address is valid. An HTML
image (could be just one white pixel) is included in the body of the
message and when your email client opens the message, it loads the image
from the spammer's server and your email address gets flagged as worthy
of lots more spam. You can avoid this by configuring your email client
not to display images without your confirmation and your subsequent
diligence in confirming display of images only from non-spammers.