[Hidden-tech] FW: Western Mass.NET Users Group: Tuesday Dec. 2nd Presentation - Groove for Developers (in Stereo) by SB Chatterjee

Caron, Daniel DCaron at MassMutual.com
Mon Nov 24 10:53:47 EST 2008

________________________________

From: Western Mass.NET Users Group - Automated Email
[mailto:admin at wmassdotnet.org]
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 10:52 AM
To: Caron, Daniel
Subject: Western Mass.NET Users Group: Tuesday Dec. 2nd Presentation -
Groove for Developers (in Stereo) by SB Chatterjee

Tuesday December 2nd - Groove for Developers (in Stereo) by Supriyo "SB"
Chatterjee

The Western Mass .NET Users Group is hosting its next monthly meeting on
Tuesday, December 2nd at 6:00 PM at the MassMutual Learning Center in
Chicopee, MA.  Free pizza, drinks and dessert will be provided
compliments of MassMutual.  Directions are below.

Presentation Abstract:

Groove is the creation of Ray Ozzie (Chief Software Architect @
Microsoft). Groove is a highly-secure peer-to-peer collaborative
platform that brings people and applications together rapidly. Groove is
part of the Microsoft Office Suite and integrates with SharePoint. It is
used within Government agencies and big & small corporations. This
session will give an overview of Groove and show it from a .NET
developer's perspective - the use of the Groove API - GWS (Web
Services), CodePlex's  GWS wrapper,  DataBridge & SharePoint
integration. All with plenty of examples & .NET code. The presentation
will be on two screens ('stereo') showing the peer-to-peer capabilities
of Groove.

About the Presenter:

Supriyo "SB" Chatterjee is a Architect/Tech-Lead at ArrowPoint KeyTech
(Hartford CT) and was awarded a MVP for Groove:Architecture
<http://wmassdotnet.org/ControlPanel/blogs/groove:Architecture>  -
http://tinyurl.com/sbcmvp He blogs when he can at
http://weblogs.asp.net/sbchatterjee and is also an Acting Director of
the Connecticut .NET Developers Group www.ctdotnet.org
<http://www.ctdotnet.org/>

Sponsors

<https://mail.massmutual.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.infrag
istics.com/>
Infragistics
<https://mail.massmutual.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.infrag
istics.com/>  is the world leader in Presentation Layer Technology. We
are committed to providing our customers the highest quality of reusable
presentation layer development tools for Windows Forms, ASP.NET, Windows
Presentation Foundation (WPF), Tablet PC, and Java environments.  Our
products and services empower our customers' software development teams
to realize the potential of the presentation layer by accelerating their
development cycles and improving usability for end users.

<https://mail.massmutual.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.jetbra
ins.com/>
JetBrains
<https://mail.massmutual.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.jetbra
ins.com/>  has a passion for making developers more productive. We make
development tools more intelligent, development processes more
efficient, and development cycles shorter -- to simplify your
challenging tasks, automate the easy ones, and help you /Develop with
Pleasure/. Our innovative .NET products include: ReSharper
<https://mail.massmutual.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.jetbra
ins.com/resharper/> , TeamCity
<https://mail.massmutual.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.jetbra
ins.com/teamcity>  and dotTrace
<https://mail.massmutual.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.jetbra
ins.com/profiler/> .

<https://mail.massmutual.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.wrox.c
om/>
Wrox Press
<https://mail.massmutual.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.wrox.c
om/> , established in 1992 to publish books for computer programmers, is
driven by the Programmer to Programmer philosophy. Wrox books are
written by programmers for programmers, and the Wrox brand means
authoritative solutions to real-world programming problems. Wrox's
unique author-editorial process delivers the best and most useful
information you need in the timeliest manner.

<https://mail.massmutual.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.learnv
isualstudio.net/>

<https://mail.massmutual.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.traini
ngspot.com/>

Meeting Details
Tuesday, December 2nd at 6:00 PM
MassMutual Learning & Conference Center
350 Memorial Drive
Chicopee, MA 01020
Telephone: (413) 598-9898

From the West
Take I-90 East (Massachusetts Turnpike) to Exit 5 (Chicopee).
Bear Right after toll booth, and then Right again onto Rte. 33.
The MassMutual Learning & Conference Center is one half mile on
the Right.

From the East
Take I-90 West (Massachusetts Turnpike) to Exit 5 (Chicopee).
Bear Right after toll booth, and then Right again onto Rte. 33.
The MassMutual Learning & Conference Center is one half mile on
the Right.

From the South
Take I-91 North
to Rte. 291 East in Springfield. Follow Rte. 291 East to Exit 6
(Ludlow/Chicopee Falls). Follow exit ramp to first Stop sign. Take
a Right onto Fuller Road. Continue on Fuller Road to third traffic
light. Take a Left at light onto Memorial Drive (Rte. 33). Take a
Right into MassMutual Learning & Conference Center entrance.

If you have questions, please direct them to:
Dan Caron
<mailto:info at wmassdotnet.org> User Group Leader, Western Mass .NET Users
Group

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is
proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is
intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is
addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by
any person other than the intended recipient or the
intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient or their designee,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
delete all copies.