[Hidden-tech] Recovering Outlook Express folder

Frank Aronson fsaronson at comcast.net
Fri Nov 21 13:16:50 EST 2008

Ed -

I've found a few tools that will cost a little bit of money, but they may
help you out:

OE-Mail Recovery <http://www.oemailrecovery.com/buy.html>  - $27

Repair Tool <http://www.nsware.com/Repair-Tool-for-Outlook-Express.htm>  for
Outlook Express - $39.95

Outlook <http://www.diskdoctors.net/outlook-express-recovery/software.html>
Express Email Recovery Software - $69

Apparently the price increases as the name becomes longer.  I've not used
any of these products so caveat emptor.  I have a client for whom I've set
up PicoBackup Outlook Express <http://www.picobackup.com/pboe/index.html>
Edition, which is a freebie designed to backup OE only.  There's another one
that I've not used called Outlook Express Backup Free 1.0
<http://www.tucows.com/preview/402687> .  Please note that it is a 1.0 piece
of software.

I use (and am a reseller for) Carbonite.  I've set it up in a number of
different places and it saved me a lot of headaches when my laptop was
stolen earlier this year.  It's $49.95/year.  Mozy also works and is running
$4.95/month (@$60/year).  Both are unlimited.

Hope some of this helps.

Frank Aronson