[Hidden-tech] transferring a file/folder from a win 98 PC to an XPPC

Mark Firehammer mark at adeptco.net
Mon Nov 3 11:50:27 EST 2008

Hi Andrew,

I'm not sure about some details. Interpretation could go multiple ways!
Is the machine a laptop?
You said:
"The challenge has been that the win 98 PC does not have updated drivers to
either connect to the internet via Ethernet cable OR use a USB flash drive
(or a PCMCIA internet adapter or an external floppy drive.)"
Does it mean there is a PCMCIA slot just no Ethernet device or drivers?  Or
no PCMCIA slot at all?

If there is a card slot in that old girl, I have a Win 98 era DLink Ethernet
card and Win 98 drivers just for this scenario.  As long as your CD drive
works for install. Your welcome to use it.

Mark

Adept Technologies
Mark Firehammer
413 303 0315