[Hidden-tech] Small System Support Needed

Mark Renaud eengland at crocker.com
Mon May 26 11:03:38 EDT 2008

Note:  This is sent by me on behalf of a friend.  Contact her for more
information.

My name is Amber Black.  I work for the Rosenberg Fund for Children
(RFC) (www.rfc.org) a small, (non-profit) public foundation with a
progressive, social-justice orientation, located in Easthampton.

We are a staff of four:  three full-time, one part-time, no IT person.
Our computer system is a Windows XP network of four workstations and a
server, all of which but one workstation are new equipment (installed 5
months ago.) We have an Iomega tape drive for daily data backup.  The
primary productivity software we use is MS Office, plus two,
highly-customized Visual Foxpro databases.

This system is meeting our current needs very well.  But we know that
over time our system will need updating, unexpected problems will crop
up, there will be issues for which we need expert advise, etc.  We are
exploring making a change in the IT support company we use for this type
of system administration and general tech support for our network,
hardware, software, internet connectivity, peripherals, etc.

If your firm is interested in talking with us about whether your
services might be a good fit for our needs, please contact me at 529-0063 or
amber at rfc.org.  I am normally in the office from 9-3 every day, and
until 5 on Mon/Wed/Fri.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Amber Black