[Hidden-tech] Convert iMovie AIC files to MPEG 4

Videatives at aol.com Videatives at aol.com
Fri May 16 14:58:51 EDT 2008

Okay, I want to convert and need your prayers to do so.....

I have imported video files from my Cannon HD MiniDV camcorder using iMovie,
that creates these huge AIC files.  I am stuck with these files and need to
batch convert them to 320 x 240 size MPEG4 files.  I can do this okay with
Quicktime Pro but QT Pro does not allow me to batch the conversion process and I
have a tetrabyte of these things.  I have tried to convert the AIC files using
the 4Media Video Converter (free trial version) with an AVI file that is 33 MB
and only 2 seconds long.  The 4Media seems to accept the file but then it says
"failed" in the status window when I try to convert to anything, including
MPEG 4.  I am running OS X 10.4.11 on an Intel Mac.  Any suggestions will be
greatly appreciated.  Perhaps you know of another converter that can batch
convert Apple Intermediate Codec files to MPEG 4??  Perhaps I am not using 4Media
correctly or the trial version does not let me convert a 33 MB file?

Thanks

George E. Forman, Ph.D.
President, Videatives, Inc.
19 The Hollow
Amherst, MA 01002 USA
Fax 413 253 0898
Phone 413 256 8846
www.videatives.com
See What Children Know

Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get
new twists on family favorites at AOL Food.