[Hidden-tech] a question on recruiting

A - Z International az at a-zinternational.com
Fri May 9 09:17:39 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I've been conducting a running dialogue for a year with members of
the Robert Half recruiting agency's various departments about how
they can better serve virtual company owners like us who depend on
project work -- preferably retainer-based clients. Ironically, they
found me by showing up to Hidden-Tech's 5th birthday party to scope us out.

I'm curious how many of you knew that Robert Half offers recruiting
services for project work for both techies and those in the creative sectors?

I certainly did not. And to be honest, I'm not plugging them or
working for them. I don't even have a clear sense of what they do
offer, which is why I'm turning to the list with these questions:

-- Have any of you heard of this agency?

-- Have any of you ever utilized their services?

-- If so, were your experiences positive? negative? in-between?

-- Would any of you be willing to pay money for an agent or "head
hunter" who could get you project work, or even  retainer clients?

Let me know. Could be I'll write about this. But I will certainly
pass on your thoughts to this organization and many others. As
someone who has never located an on-line job board I could stand, and
would love a work agent or head hunter to assist me when work is
slow, I think it would be great of the recruiting industry caught up
to our needs. Curious if you agree.

best,

Amy Zuckerman
Hidden-Tech Founder