[Hidden-tech] determining a domain name value

Lisa Rosenthal lrosedesign at comcast.net
Sun Mar 16 12:12:22 EDT 2008

I'm looking for suggestions for a way to determine the value of a
domain name. My mother and step-father are in the process of selling
their organic cranberry business and they would like to factor in the
value of their domain name which is organiccranberries.com
(also .org).  They are well know in the business, have been around
for a long time, and are unique in that they sell directly to
consumers. I realize that the value of a domain name is only as much
as someone is willing to pay, but I'm wondering if there's some way
to get a general idea of the value.

There seem to places that you can pay for an appraisal, and I also
found this free site: http://www.swiftappraisal.com/  but don't know
how accurate it really is.

Thanks,
Lisa Rosenthal