[Hidden-tech] conflict between Airport and Crocker network upgrade

Frieda Reichsman frieda at moleculesinmotion.com
Sun Mar 2 15:25:12 EST 2008

Hi,

Have any other Mac user Hidden-Techies lost Internet service from
Crocker since Friday night, when they did an upgrade to their network?
It seems that if you are using Airport there is a problem. I spoke
with tech support, who are doing their best to resolve the problem,
but at this point I'm told my best recourse is to contact AppleCare to
have them help me restore "limited connectivity" for now. I plan to do
that later tonight, and I'm wondering if anyone else has gone through
this process. (I have AppleCare but I just don't have time right now
to spend even more time dealing with this).

For the moment I've come into town to get connected.

I do not fully understand the problem, but I am wondering if someone
out there does, and can explain it. I'd also like to know how long it
might take to resolve it - days? weeks? I did speak with tech support
about these questions but still do not fully understand the issue.

Frieda

Frieda Reichsman, PhD
Molecules in Motion
Interactive Molecular Structures