[Hidden-tech] Social Networking Site v. Forum v. Listserv v. Blog

Jonathon Podolsky producer at wholehealthexpo.com
Sun Jun 22 21:29:22 EDT 2008

I already have a newsletter and could consider a blog (including RSS feed);
these are ways of keeping in touch with attendees/exhibitors/speakers but
doesn't provide a way for attendees to interact with each each other.

For the purpose of creating community interaction amongst the various kinds
of participants mentioned above, I'm considering using a profile on a social
networking site (ie:
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=681373396>,
Myspace <http://www.myspace.com/cityofnoho>, or
Ning<http://www.wholehealthexpo.ning.com/>)
and attaching to the main public website for my company.  Of course I can
try to promote those sites anyway without attaching to my main website.  Or
I could create a forum or a group interactive listserv.

Pros and cons?

My main concern is about moderating.  I want to keep forum or list focused
and not allow flaming etc.  However, moderating can include problems, such
as customers getting mad if their post is not allowed.

--
All the best,

Jonathon Podolsky
Producer at WholeHealthExpo.com