[Hidden-tech] Recording conference calls

Shel Horowitz shel at frugalfun.com
Fri Jun 20 18:03:58 EDT 2008

>    ** The author of this post was a Good Dobee.
>    ** You too can help the group
>    ** Fill out the survey/skills inventory in the member's area.
>    ** If you did, we all thank you.
>

>I need to record an interview for a podcast, and I'd like to use one
>of the services where you call in, the other person calls in, you
>press a code to record, it records the call, and you can download
>the recording after.
>

>I tried freeconferencecall.com today, and for some reason the record
>function wasn't working.
>

>I'm willing to pay for the service. I don't necessarily need a toll
>free number, it would be nice to have one participant on toll free
>and the other on a regular toll call, if that saves money. Recording
>quality should be decent. The call will probably be about 30 minutes.
>

>Any recommendations for services?

This one costs nothing and the recording quality is quite good, plus
it shows up as easy-to-download mp3:
http://www.thebasementventures.com

However, it always makes sense to have a backup plan. i had one call
that I had to reschedule because this service was down.

Skype is erratic. I've had great calls with friends in New Zealand,
lousy calls with my daughter in both italy and Ohio. Skype-to-phone
is also bumpy sometimes.
--

Note: I get over 300 e-mails in a typical day, not counting list
traffic. In an effort to stay sane, I'm only checking this account

Shel Horowitz - 413-586-2388/800-683-WORD shel at frugalfun.com
-->Join the Business Ethics Pledge - Ten Years to Change the World,
One Signature at a Time  (please tell your friends)
<http://www.business-ethics-pledge.org>
Marketing consulting * copywriting * publishing assistance * speaking
How to market ethically/effectively: http://www.frugalmarketing.com
Ethics Blog:  http://www.principledprofit.com/good-business-blog/
Books: http://www.frugalmarketing.com/shop.html