[Hidden-tech] Fwd: Inquiry

David Ruderman david.ruderman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 09:51:11 EDT 2008

Robin,

I rarely get real spam through my spam filters, but I often get it forwarded
from a relative. To debunk it, I usually search the web for a choice
sentence from the msg to find out the story behind the spam. But the general
message is that you don't ever get something for nothing, so don't believe
anything too good to be true. (Usually I'm just dispelling rumors.)

Here's the same email from 2 yrs ago with the names changed.
http://www.doshelp.com/scams-fraud/Banking/Berkeley_bank-Scams.htm

If you do a search for your email address on google and find some hits, then
your email address is 'out there'. Try it.

For the good of the public please report the Spam you recieved from the
gmail address here.
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=abuse_spoofing

BTW, there are a few people who actually respond and have interesting,
humorous, dialogs with the spammer/con artist. Here's a rather lengthy
example.
http://www.tfproject.org/tfp/showthread.php?t=105805

-dave

David Ruderman