[Hidden-tech] Using iMovie to convert miniDV to DVD

andrew bellak andrew at stakeholdersinc.com
Wed Jun 18 16:35:56 EDT 2008

Well I¹m hoping my new handy dandy Macbook with the latest Leopard and
iMovie will make converting miniDV digital tapes into DVD¹s (and/or a Google
photo file) a digital walk in the park so to speak.

I¹ve perused the iMovie tutorials a bit and would appreciate any tips and
tricks.

I have 4 x 1 hour long tapes to convert and I realize they could be sizeable
data files.

I¹d love any advice / help with this.  I don¹t plan to do any editing
myself, colleagues will do that.  Eventually this may end up on YouTube
and/or Google Videos so that the movies can be shared.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

Andrew Bellak
(m) 646-552-5783

"be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi