[Hidden-tech] Synching windows mobile device with mac with entourage

andrew bellak andrew at stakeholdersinc.com
Wed Jun 18 16:28:44 EDT 2008

Okay, so the macbook migration from a dell wintel laptop is relatively
complete.

I went with MS Office for Mac 2008 as well as Parallels so that I could run
some software that only runs in Windows.

I¹m trying out Entourage vs. Apple mail + iCal + Apple Address Book; I¹ve
heard it¹s the Exchange server stuff that makes Entourage more jiggy than
flying solo.

Until my smartphone contract is up (and I can consider an iPhone) I want to
sync my contacts and calendar with my Samsung Blackjack (ATT/Windows Mobile
5).  It looks like there are a couple programs one can purchase to make this
happen and maybe one free open source solution:

The Missing Sync $40 - http://www.markspace.com/

FREE - SugarSynch -
http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/02/05/sync-your-pc-smartphone-and-web-file
s-with-sugarsync/

If anyone has experience to share along these lines, I would appreciate it.

-andrew

ps: the burning smell was not my laptop, nor my outlet, but a plastic/rubber
ball stuck in my halogen light! :)

pps: migrating Outlook 2002 mail to Entourage even with a program from
Little Machines called o2m for $10 does NOT automatically restore e-mail
folders and sub-folders names and hierarchy in Entourage.

Andrew Bellak
andrew at bellak.name
(m) 646-552-5783

"be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi