[Hidden-tech] blogging protocol

J. Cohen ht at westernmasswebdesign.com
Mon Jun 16 17:15:56 EDT 2008

Julie Roads wrote:
> What's your take on this:
> If Fred is starting a blog and plans to post 2x/week, but he has a stash
> of 25 posts ready to go, is it best practice to post everday to get as
> much up as possible and then decrease to 2 posts/week once the stash is
> all posted and realtime posting has begun? Or, do the search engines see
> that as what once was a prolific blog has now decreased their publishing
> and they aren't as 'good' anymore? (in which case, slow and steady
> biweekly posts are the way to go from the outset and forever more)....

I don't believe that search engines will care significantly if you drop
off the posting frequency a bit.  I hardly post on my tech blog anymore
and it still gets about 3000 visitors per day (65% from Google).

Quality of posts is more important than the quantity or frequency.
Better to spend time writing posts that will attract inbound links than
a lot of posts that will never get linked to.  If the blog continually
attracts links, Google will like it.

Josh