[Hidden-tech] More packrat stuff... files off an ms-dos system?

B. Kimo Lee bklee at azurelink.com
Tue Jun 10 13:38:14 EDT 2008

Hi Jan and Greg,

I ran the thing a couple of years ago and it booted up fine. I'm going
to get it out and start it up again just to make sure.
Hah! I bet I'm going to have to take photos of the screens and
transcribe the stuff. Interesting problem though, huh?
I think the floppy drive might be the answer. I might have one of the
old Double Density disks in a box. And I have a USB SmartDisk floppy
drive. Do you think it will read the old DD disk? Though, there must
have been a reason why I didn't try that before. Oh, I remember, it
has a 5.25" floppy drive. The real "floppy" disc.

My how computers have evolved. Yes, I think the hard drive is only
30mb. With 10k of memory!
If I remember correctly, the files are Wordperfect files. Since it's
MS-DOS, does that mean they are already ascii text?
It'll be a stroll down memory lane to turn that thing on... from NYC
to Hawai'i and back.

Thanks,
Kimo