[Hidden-tech] Vermont's virtual corporation law

Chris Hoogendyk hoogendyk at bio.umass.edu
Wed Jul 30 09:54:29 EDT 2008

Rich wrote:
>   Interesting - Never heard of it - how about a reference we can read
> online ?
>
> Rich
>
> A - Z International wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Curious if any of you are paying attention to new legislation just
>> passed in Vermont that is designed to make it far easier to
>> incorporate as a virtual business.
>>
>> Would this entice any of you to move?
>>
>> A journalist buddy was curious.
>>
>> best,
>>
>> Amy Zuckerman
>> HT Founder

just a smidgin of googling got some good results with links and
discussions, one jumping off from technorati ...

http://cairns.typepad.com/blog/2008/06/david-johnson-s.html

http://gigaom.com/2008/06/17/vermont-oks-the-creation-of-virtual-corporations/

http://www.masshightech.com/stories/2008/06/30/weekly6-Vermont-lawmakers-OK-creation-of-%27virtual%27-LLCs.html

http://dotank.nyls.edu/june18virtualcorp.html  <-- long details from one
of the legislation's authors

There was also a story replicated in the Bennington Banner and in the
Berkshire Eagle, with quotes from interviews, but apparently they don't
provide access to archived stories, only current or recent editions. I
would have given the google cache link, but it is a numeric IP address,
and many spam filters ditch email that references URL's with numeric
IP's. So, you'll have to google "vermont legislation virtual
corporation" and look about 2/3 of the way down the first page for these
newspapers, then click on the google "Cached" link.

I didn't read down the details, but with the reference to Vermont
becoming the Delaware of online ventures, I would wonder whether you
would have to move to Vermont to take advantage of it.

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator
 (*) \(*) -- 140 Morrill Science Center