[Hidden-tech] Junk Email

Roman Victor romanvictor at rvpmdesigns.com
Mon Jul 28 12:26:57 EDT 2008

Hi Stacy,

Your web hosting company should be able to adjust their email server's
filters and use blacklists to avoid most of the spam. Let them know of your
issues as based on your feedback most hosting companies will make
adjustments to their protection systems.

For an example of how complex and expensive the spam war is these days: my
web server uses: Spam Assassin, 3 real-time black hole lists
(zen.spamhause.org, bl.cmsa.biz and bl.spamcop.net), Sender Policy
Framework, Server Defined Rules and Client Defined rules and finally a
heuristic content based engine to block most of these spammers and tag other
message traffic as spam for false positive checks.

This sounds like a bit of overkill, but since I am hosting over 60 domains
and 300+ email accounts it really pays off.

Roman

Roman Victor, Software Developer
RVPM Designs
8 Coach Ln