[Hidden-tech] Comcast Phone Service

Garth gshaneyfelt at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 16:06:43 EDT 2008

We have had Comcast phone-internet package for 4 years (every since Verizon
royally f*'d up our DSL install.... that's $5000 they lost there!).  It is
quite reliable.  If the power goes out, your internet-modem will go down
(unless you have it connected to a UPS along with your wireless router
perhaps?), the phone-modem will  continue to run on batteries for a while.
If you have one of those (circa 1995) phone that just plugs into the phone
jack vs. having 2.4GHZ wireless/digital answering machine/integrated coffee
maker, it will work fine.  Ah, the joys of old reliable technology..... I've
had that little black AT&T slimline phone for 15+ years; in the same time, 3
or 4 cordless phone/answering machines have died.

just my 4.76 cents....
-Garth

  _____