[Hidden-tech] Web site hosting

David Spound dspound at mac.com
Mon Jul 14 00:07:54 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I have a friend/client who is looking for a new hosting company for his web
site. I am seeking some recommendations to pass along.

The web site is fairly simple and likely to stay that way. Perhaps 12-15
pages of text and graphics. I think there is a ³contact us² form with 3 or 4
fields. My friend has talked about doing a blog, but I¹d be surprised if
that happened any time soon. No need for any advanced database or content
management functions. I am sure that any professional web hosting company
could easily handle this modest site.

What he wants:
* Inexpensive (of course)
* Reliable (it¹s a small site, but vital to his business so he does not want
any down time)
* Telephone tech support available
* Easy to understand ³control panel² for the account

I am open to recommendations for both local and national companies. He will
follow-up and make the decision.

Does anyone on this list have experience with thinkhost.com? A friend of
mine uses this hosting service. According to the web site, they are 100%
renewable energy powered (wind and sun).

Your recommendations will be helpful to me, too, as my own hosting accounts
will come up for renewal in a few months. I will be especially interested in
learning about local hosting options.

Best regards,

David

++++++++++

David Spound, M.Ed.
Valley Mindfulness

(413) 219-0654
david at valleymindfulness.com
http://www.valleymindfulness.com

Programs for Stress Reduction, Health and Well-Being
* Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction:
>   - 8-week course based on the work of Jon Kabat-Zinn at UMass Medical School
>   - Public course, October 6-November 24 (Monday evenings, 6:00­8:30 p.m.)
>   - This program also available as a series of private sessions.

* A Taste of Mindfulness: