[Hidden-tech] Job @ Amherst College

pschilling pschilling at amherst.edu
Tue Jul 1 09:35:59 EDT 2008

Members of Hidden Tech,

As I received such positive feedback when I posted a job to this list about
a month ago, if you all don't mind, I will do so again.

****
Amherst College is excited to continue implementing its new vision of the
role and function of information technology throughout the campus community.

The College's Academic Technology Services
(https://cms.amherst.edu/offices/it/teaching_research) division seeks
candidates to support the educational and research mission of the College by
supporting faculty members¹ classroom use of audio/video, projection, and
computer equipment. The position will also supervise student projectionists
for curricular film and video screenings, as well as record video or audio,
and manage video and audio duplication and digitization services.

Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor¹s degree and 3-5 years of professional work
experience or, in lieu of a degree, 7-9 years similar or related work
experience; valid driver¹s license; skills with video editing software which
includes Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, and Pro Tools; and the ability to
lift up to 50 lbs. Position requires experience working with projection and
display equipment and technologies; knowledge of digital audio and video
recording equipment as well as lighting; knowledge of both Mac and Window
operating systems; and familiarity with a LAMP environment. Candidate should
possess a strong commitment to learning new tools and techniques.

Amherst College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women,
persons of color, and persons with disabilities to apply.

Please visit https://jobs.amherst.edu/ to learn more about any or all of
these openings as well as possible future opening in IT at Amherst College.
To learn the salary ranges corresponding to each grade, visit:
https://cms.amherst.edu/offices/human_resources/performance/salaryranges#40

****