[Hidden-tech] cassette into iPod

ussailis at shaysnet.com ussailis at shaysnet.com
Fri Jan 11 14:01:01 EST 2008

Audacity (a free download) will allow you to take any sound that you can
plug into your sound card and make a MP3 file out of it. I do it with a
microphone. You should just as easily do this by connecting your tape
player to your computer sound card.

Here the issue will be getting the levels correct. The Audacity level
display is a big help. Don't be afraid to experiment with the various input
jacks. If the levels are OK, and no distortion, there is nothing wrong with
using the mike input, for example.

Another issue might be hum. Use shielded cables. Use a battery powered
cassette player if you can.

Now that you have MP3 files, I believe you can import them into your iPod
program. iPod files are MP4, but I think they also work with MP3, or
convert them in their software.

Jim Ussailis

jim at nationalwireless.com