[Hidden-tech] magicjack phone thingy

ussailis at shaysnet.com ussailis at shaysnet.com
Tue Jan 8 20:33:30 EST 2008

Two items trhat I noticed:

1. Their "secure ordering" lock is BS. I use the browser Opera. I always
get a lock symbol at the end of the URL line if it is a secure site.
Ocassionally, I get a request-to-open window as well. I got / saw neither.

2. I clicked on the FCC logo to see what they have done for FCC approval.
The click-thru was to the ordering page, not the FCC web site.

Before ordering I would recommend that someone followup on the FCC
approval. It is simple, but takes a bit of time. Go to fcc.gov then to OIT
or ENG and look up their approval package. Without FCC approval, don't use
it!

Jim Ussailis
jim at nationalwireless.com