[Hidden-tech] A best bet for virtual businesses

shel at frugalfun.com shel at frugalfun.com
Sat Dec 27 16:17:05 EST 2008

Thanks for sharing your success story, Jean. I have been working with an
Alaska-based virtual assistant for 9-10 years. We've never met, and the
only problems were when some extended personal crises got her pretty far
behind. She has saved my behind on a few occasions, such as when one of our
e-mail listserves went haywire and started dumping tons of messages on my
poor readers.

On the red stae/blue state thing...look for places to build commonalities
on agreement, rather than highlight differences. I've lived in Atlanta and
in rural Ohio, and I have to tell you when I first moved to the Valley, I
felt pretty out of the mainstream as a New York Jew vegetarian who didn't
know anything about gardening or plowing snow and liked things like Indian
food.

Now, with a worldwide clientele, I can work anywhere there's a broadband
connection and a postal address.